Wednesday 9 March 2011

Shoots!

After day 4 or 5 I checked for shoots and have checked every day since. Yesterday was day 10 and I came home to shoots from a few of the seeds.


So going back to the position plan I drew up (see my last post) I can see that the Krakatoa, Christmas Bell, Ring of Fire and Trinidad Perfume have come up.
I'm not surprised that the Yellow Burkina Habanero, Amazon Chile Roma and De Banco haven't come up yet, they're all from the same family of chillies which are notoriously slow to germinate.
The Thai Bird chillies are a bit of a mystery so not sure how long they'll take to come up, the guy who gave them to me said he'd not been able to grow them so we'll have to watch them and see what happens.
The last one, the 'Dalston Mutant' could be infertile and might not grow. That's the risk you take with hybrid plants.
I've moved them to my kitchen table which is by a window that gets loads of light and also by the radiator to keep them warm.

When I got in from work today I noticed that the Amazon Chile Roma and De Banco seeds have also sprouted (delighted!) I wasn't sure if I should separate them off and put them back under cling film until they germinate but have decided to leave all the varieties together for now. 
I'll separate the 3 which haven't sprouted yet if I haven't seen any signs of life by the end of the weekend.

Here's a couple more shots from yesterday.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Ben, hope you are well !
    I love your brand mate, I run a deli www.saffronspices.co.u since 2009 and my customers need your spice in their life !!!

    Lets talk, I hope i can sell your firey brand sir !!

    My kindest wishes
    Michael

    Michael Katz
    www.saffronspices.co.uk
    www.wildhoney.eu
    07544 545 138

    ReplyDelete